Chick ICU
My husband and I started giving Britters bird ICU - moving her food and water to be next to her and trying to make her comfortable wherever she was. After a couple days, she started letting us take care of her. I would give her warm baths with 2-3 drops of Seventh Generation dish soap and blow dry her because she was getting poopy-butt which can be deadly if the vent is not unblocked. I think the warm baths felt good because she’d have more range of motion after her bath.
ICU diet - We started giving her scrambled eggs every morning; mealworms and watermelon in the afternoon. We changed her food to a mix of ManaPro Medicated + Purina Chick Starter + Chick Grit with probiotics. (We did this because we didn’t know what all was wrong with her and figured she is never going outside at this point.) Tried cat food and yogurt but she was not a fan of either.


Comments
Post a Comment