New chicks are so exciting!

Britters and her cohorts arrived by USPS on a Monday morning. At 8am, the post office called and told me they were in. I rushed down there. When I opened the post office door I was greeted by choruses of baby chick peeps! I can't imagine how the post office does it. There were hundreds of baby chicks waiting for pick up. I picked up ours and rushed home, wondering about the fate of the other baby chicks. I tell myself that the post office probably has a deal with someone who can take the ones that no one picks up. I can't imagine anything else. 

We got home and the first thing the instructions say to do is get some water into them. I mixed up the baby chick gatorade gel and put it on the ground for them. I gently eye dropper fed them tiny drops of water and their gel. The each drank well and began to eat the gel/chick feed mix off the paper I gave them. They slept the rest of the day, waking only to eat/drink. 

The next day the babies were definitely more active but ohhhhhh soooo fragile looking!! So tiny and cute. OMG baby chickens.... !!

Their names are.... Billy Idol, Beyoncé, Tay-Tay, Aliyah, Miley, Rhi-Rhi and Britters

  • Hatched May 16, 2020 by Murray McMurry. 

  • Received May 18, 2020

    • Gro Gel Plus (chick gatorade)

    • Vaccinations already done

  • Our set up:
    • Heating plate with feather skirt
    • Waterer with bump dripper end
    • Chick feeder
  • Mana Pro Chick Starter UnMedicated - medicated can nullify their vaccines
    • Chick Grit with probiotic (after some number of weeks as per bag)





    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Yes, pecking order is a thing

    4 Months old - House Hen!